This US Army pattern Magnesium block emergency fire starter is a must have tool for any backpacker. You may as what is the difference between this one and the fire starter stick ? Well, mostly its the quantity of Magnesium. That tool is good enough for almost 200-300 fires however, this tool gives you way more than that. you can easily go for almost 500 fires with one stick. If you want to know how to start fire with it, you can see the how to use part below.
It is lightweight and compact, therefore very easy to carry in your pocket, key chain or your backpack. It is waterproof and can easily be used in all seasons. Obviously you should light the fire in a shade where it is not disturbed by wind or rain.
- Size: 3″ (L) x 1″ (W) x 0.3″ (Thickness)
- Bar Material: Magnesium + Flint Stone
- Scraper Material: Iron
- Weight: 40g
1 x Magnesium block fire starter
How to Start Fire With Magnesium Block Fire Starter:
- Scrape the magnesium block with scraper or any knife and create some small magnesium scrapes / powder.
- Now take this Magnesium scrapes and place it on a paper or tinder (leaves, small twig, bark, etc)
- Now rub the iron scraper on flint stone to create some spark and direct that spark onto magnesium scrape. It will catch fire and so will tinder.
- Once the fire is stable enough, you can start putting larger branches or wood.